Share hope this Season!
Because of you, Safe Space has been sharing love, for 20 years with victims who have no where to turn. This past year, more than 600 families have been served by Safe Space’s caring staff and warm services. Our doors open every single day through the year. Our shelter and crisis hotline operates 24 hours a day 7 days per week. We are committed to doing what we can but we need your help urgently.
Thank you for all you do, and have done, to help us further this life-changing mission. With your donation of $50 or $75, Safe Space can continue to support these forgotten families with what they need most: shelter, housing, clothing, meals, front-line medical and social work support— not just at this time of the year but all year long.
Together, you and all of us here can make this yuletide a bit brighter with love and hope, offering peace and goodwill to all mankind.
For many families this is their favorite time of year, as friends and loved ones gather for a special meal. But what about those who do not have a warm home, a safe environment, the company of family and trusted friends and food to celebrate.
May you and your loved ones share a warm and wonderful holiday season!
Ways you can help:
– Make a donation
– Give a planned gift (make a bequest, donate life insurance, transfer stock, name SafeSpace as your beneficiary, donate appreciated securities
– Join our email list, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter helps create social change and decreases the violence, poverty, and social adversities within our community.
How to Give
We accept all kinds of donations. In addition to monetary donations, we are delighted to receive goods and services such as clothing for our shelter and Variety Shop, food for our food pantry at the shelter, and services such as carpet cleaning at the shelter. If you would like to give your time, visit our volunteer page to learn more.
Please call our office at 919-497-5599 if you have questions about giving to Safe Space. Note that both monetary donations and items given to our shelter are tax deductible.
We gratefully accept cash, check, or credit card donations. No gift is too small! Cash donations should be delivered in person to our office, located at 113 S. Main Street in the Judge Hobgood Annex Courthouse in Louisburg. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Checks should be made payable to “Safe Space” and hand-delivered to our office or mailed to P.O. Box 240 Louisburg, NC 27549. To make a credit card donation, please click on the “Donate” button below to make an online donation via PayPal. THANK YOU for your contribution!
How Are Donations Used?
Donations received by Safe Space are used to support a host of services provided by the agency, including:
- Assistance with hotel costs for victims seeking shelter during periods when the Safe Space shelter is full
- Assistance with transportation costs for victims to get to and from appointments (e.g., medical, housing, and Department of Social Services); this assistance is particularly significant for victims who lack transportation in a county that does not offer public transportation service
- Gas cards for victims traveling to and from court (if traveling out of county, especially if victims move in order to increase protection from abusers)
- Shelter supplies, repairs and maintenance costs not covered by state/federal grant dollars
- Costs for brochures, training, and curriculum purchases to increase public awareness, outreach, and prevention
In addition to the items outlined below, gas cards for transportation are also greatly appreciated. If you would like to donate this or any of the items listed below to our shelter please contact 919-497-5599 to speak to the shelter manager.
Items in bold indicate immediate needs.
Cleaning & Storage
- air fresheners
- cleaning supplies
- dishwasher detergent
- gallon size zip lock bags
- Kitchen trash bags
- large plastic food containers
- laundry baskets
- laundry detergent
- paper towels
- plastic wrap/foil
- bras, all sizes
- pajamas, all sizes
- socks, all sizes
- underwear (new), all sizes
Health & Beauty
- African American hair care products
- body wash
- dental floss
- disposable razors
- hair brushes
- hair spray
- Kleenex tissue
- shampoo and conditioner
- shower totes
- toilet paper
- nail clippers
- pantry staples (i.e. cereal, rice, sugar, condiments, etc.)
- canned goods
- coffee and filters
- bottled water (individual size)
Household & Miscellaneous
- batteries (AA, C, 9-volts)
- bath towels
- bedroom lamps with shades
- decorative pictures/prints
- dish towels
- office supplies (pens, printer paper, Post-it Notes, folders)
- light bulbs